incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From florent andré <florent.andre-...@4sengines.com>
Subject Re: OOO340 to svn
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 16:07:40 GMT
I manage(d) another try :

hg --> git

This is currently in process. After 20h a little bit more than 180000
rev are exported to git.
Will wait some hours more to see what append, but so far so good.

git --> svn

This is the second step of my idea, in order to see if it's more faster
with this conversion.
But have to wait the hg --> git finishing.

hg --> svn

Do another try with only the 30 last revisions with the same script
(start revision configurable)

This work pretty well (just a little special case with man@work.gif file).
And
$ diff -r svn-repos/ hg-repos/ > diff-result
$ cat diff-result | grep -v ".svn"

relevant results only show 2 empty folders in svn repos that are not
still present in hg one :
offapi/drafts/
smoketestoo_native/com/

=========

So, without a really good surprise from the git --> svn conversion, it's
clearly appear that it will not be manageable to import all history in
svn [1].

So 2 options :

1) Import all the code without history. Have to check history into hg or
git (have to wait if conversion goes well to the end)

2) Define a "good" starting revision, were good means :
* enough history in svn for pretty well being
* time reasonable computation (over-the-thumb-maths says [ :) ]
approximately 250 commits/hour)

What do you think ?
++

[1] at least with my material, may a really BIG machine can lower time,
but I doubt it will achieve it in reasonable time.