incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: single repository status
Date Sun, 24 Jul 2011 07:52:55 GMT
On 23.07.2011 15:46, Rob Weir wrote:

> One concern would be on the IP perspective.  Before we can have a
> release or graduate from Podling, we need to review our source code
> and remove all incompatible 3rd party components.  We're also working
> to ensure that the Oracle SGA is updated to contain all the files we
> need for AOOo.  If we have two repositories, a "clean" one in SVN and
> an "unreviewed" version in git that we occasionally dip into for
> unintegrated branches, then IP compliance becomes more difficult.
> Maybe not impossible, but certainly more complicated.

With the help from Michael Stahl I created a list of all new files that
are in all cws repositories, but not in the OOO340 trunk and forwarded
it to Andrew Rist.

I also had a look on the files and for me it seems that they are less
problematic from an IP perspective than many files we already have in
the trunk repo.

So from a technical perspective the cws shouldn't be a problem. OTOH I'm
afraid that postponing to move the sources into the svn repo might
create troubles for those with a legal POV.

Regards,
Mathias