incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: When does one become a committer?
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 21:50:38 GMT
This is a great discussion.  One meta-point to consider: how important
(re: urgent) is this to decide right now?

If people find this work interesting, that's great.  But in terms of
rules and procedures, sometimes it's fine to not over-document the rules
until there's a case where they're really needed.

Note that it's pointless to attempt to provide an individual theoretical
standing to make project decisions without an iCLA until we have such a
case actually happen; then we can have the individual work with
legal-internal@ to understand why they won't sign the iCLA.  iCLAs are
strictly mandatory to be a committer, no exceptions.

- Shane, who thinks someone can cast a binding vote as a committer (i.e.
on code modifications) after they have submitted the iCLA, and who can
cast a binding vote on (P)PMC matters once their addition to the (P)PMC
has been properly ACKd by the IPMC or the project chair.