incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From IngridvdM <Ingrid...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] <Initial Committer>: Apache OpenOffice.org Initial Committer Status
Date Sat, 23 Jul 2011 17:45:49 GMT
Am 23.07.2011 18:51, schrieb Dave Fisher:

> On Jul 23, 2011, at 9:29 AM, IngridvdM wrote:
>
>> Please find my comments inline.
>>
>> Am 23.07.2011 14:45, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
[...]
>>> And for this we have to define a deadline. My suggestion is still end of
>>> July or latestly end of August.
>>>
>> No given reason has convinced me of the necessity of a deadline here.
>
> While there is ample reason to have a generous deadline, I haven't heard a good reason
not to have a deadline.

In general one can avoid a lot of unnecessary work while doing only
those things where is a good reason to do them.
In contrast doing all things where is no good reason against leaves one
with a lot more todos ;-)
Really this argument is about not becoming too bureaucratic.

But my other argument is that I feel it is socially alienating if we are
threatening people with deadlines without giving them a reason for it.
My impression was that Wolf Halton has felt the same. He has asked for a
reason, but not gotten an answer yet.

So in the end I think those who are voting for a deadline need to
provide a good reasons to do so.

Kind regards,
Ingrid