incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From IngridvdM <Ingrid...@gmx-topmail.de>
Subject Re: [DISCUSS] <Initial Committer>: Apache OpenOffice.org Initial Committer Status
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:26:15 GMT
Hi Dennis,

I would suggest to do a bit less bureaucracy and delete the following
sentence:
'If you are submitting an iCLA, please report your decision to
ooo-private@incubator.apache.org and indicate how much time you need
before the iCLA will be sent to Apache.'

I cannot see a good reason to force the decision for the remaining
initial committers. Likewise, what would the time estimation be good
for? In case someone needs to take legal advice, time estimations are
difficult anyhow.

Just kindly remind and invite them.

Rest is fine for me.

Thanks for proposing the reminder mail!
Ingrid

Am 22.07.2011 05:10, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> There are 20 Initial Committers on the OpenOffice.org incubator proposal who have not
yet submitted iCLAs or informed us of their intention not to do so.

> Today I used the following format for a message to one of those Initial Committers.
>
> Before 19 more of these are sent out I wanted to check how understandable this is.
>
> I am particularly concerned for how clear this is for those who are not native English
speakers.

> I welcome your advice.
>
>   - Dennis
>
> *** specimen message ***

OpenOffice.org incubator podling. You are also invited to serve on the Podling Project Management
Committee after you are established as a committer.

> The prerequisite to becoming established as a committer is to register an iCLA agreement
with Apache.

> Our records indicate that no iCLA has been received from you.
>
> If you do not choose to submit an iCLA, please report your decision to<ooo-private@incubator.apache.org>.
 We will then know not wait for it.

> If you are submitting an iCLA, please report your decision to ooo-private@incubator.apache.org
and indicate how much time you need before the iCLA will be sent to Apache.

> For more information and iCLA/CCLA forms, go to<http://www.apache.org/licenses/#clas>.
 Complete instructions for submission of an iCLA is at the top of the form (text or PDF).