incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: A first try to remove some copyleft components from the build
Date Fri, 22 Jul 2011 09:07:55 GMT
On 20.07.2011 13:06, Eike Rathke wrote:
> Hi Mathias,
>
> On Tuesday, 2011-07-19 23:32:50 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>
>>> Builds fine on Debian Squeeze unxlngx6.pro, but I didn't get any install
>>> set, not even a .tar.gz, this helped:
>>>
>>> cd $SRC_ROOT/instsetoo_native/util
>>> dmake openoffice_en-US PKGFORMAT=installed
>>
>> Interesting, I got the tar.gzbuilt on Ubuntu. Maybe your changes caused
>> the difference? It's important that EPM is not disabled as the stupid
>> instsetoo_native module does not do anything in that case though it
>> could create the tar.gz without problems.
>
> Um, probably because epm wasn't installed on my machine.. I installed
> and reconfigured, but still..
>
> A few minutes later: the patch sets enable_epm="no", removing that
> works, but that may be no real solution because later on BUILD_EPM may
> be set to YES if epm is enabled and no system epm was found, I didn't
> try that.

It's only a short time solution to be able to test the result of the
build. Later on we have to find out whether it is OK to use EPM for
packaging and adjust configure.in accordingly (we would make installing
EPM a requirement then, just like installing a compiler or other
things). I hope that someone is able to answer my question regarding EPM.

Regards,
Mathias