incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Suggestion for OOo branding...
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 23:17:32 GMT
I think the best way of handling these types of changes is to create
alternate 'themes', and later determine which theme is the default, and
which will ship with the product. I'm not sure how this works with the
current layout of source control, but it should not be a major problem.

Through the use of alternate themes, we can embrace the evolution of the
look and feel of the product, without having to pick and choose
favorites on the front end.   I happen to like the current icon set, as
it is less colorful, it is also more 'professional' looking.  At the
same time, I have to acknowledge that I do like what the LO folks have
done with the L&F, which is going in an entirely different direction.

We need to be able to simultaneously develop alternatives on the design
front.

Andrew