incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Rist <andrew.r...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: OOo Trademark
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 18:26:26 GMT

On 7/21/2011 11:14 AM, Simon Phipps wrote:
> On 21 Jul 2011, at 06:31, Marcus (OOo) wrote:
>
>> Am 07/21/2011 01:11 PM, schrieb Eike Rathke:
>>> Hi Peter,

>>> About 2000 reported cases as of June 2010, see
>>> http://de.openoffice.org/abgezockt/ (all in German)
>> Wow, what a frigthening number of cases. :-O
> And there are many more in other countries. Defending the OpenOffice.org trademark just
against this nasty abuse is a full-time project. I would be be happy to participate in it
once Apache has standing.

> Also, Shane&  Andrew, do you know whether Oracle has objected to the trademark application
by Tightrope Interactive that was reported in The Register[1]?  It would be very sad to see
that one fall through the cracks during the hand-over.
Oracle has been dealing with the Tightrope issue.
A.