incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: OOo Trademark
Date Thu, 21 Jul 2011 01:06:42 GMT
Am 20.07.2011 03:57, schrieb Shane Curcuru:
[...]

> Andrew (or whoever): how/when can we get the submissions to that webform?
> http://surveys.services.openoffice.org/surveys/index.php?sid=31881

I've contacted the person who I think was responsible before.

> I'm actually wondering if and how we should review those, versus simply
> asking people to start contacting ooo-dev@ about requests from the
> Apache side.

That might depend on the number of requests that have accumulated in
recent weeks.

> In particular, with the transfer of the OOo marks, how do we (as in,
> this PPMC and trademarks@) handle any permissions or licensing of
> "OpenOffice.org"? Especially since that mark primarily refers to a
> product that we - the ASF - do not actually distribute?

Many of these request are sent by journalists (e.g. providing OOo as
part of an open source DVD as magazine add) and authors (e.g. screen
shots for a publication). Another large group are individual open source
enthusiasts who just want to put the OOo logo on their website to link
the download page. IMHO, it would be easiest to point everyone on this
list, let them briefly summarize their concern and then giving them a
preliminary permission. Next, they can send us the results of using the
OOo logo or trademark, so we can make a final decisions while having the
real context available.

best regards,
peter