incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <a...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: IRC Channel?
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 13:44:25 GMT
+1 to Gavin's suggestions.  I would keep the IRC channels as-is for the
time being; from the infrastructure perspective Apache doesn't have an
IRC server, so it's purely a community decision.

I think in the long term - namely, once the podling has a release in
progress, the group of committers are getting used to the Apache Way,
and we have something real to show to users (at least, advanced users),
- then it would be worth having a conversation about changing the IRC
channel.  Once we start making Apache releases, we'll really need to
consciously get people to think of this as the Apache OpenOffice project
- and not just the old OpenOffice.org project.

But we're not there yet, so I recommend not worrying about this yet.

- Shane