incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: A first try to remove some copyleft components from the build
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:32:50 GMT
Hi Eike,

thanks a lot for your improvements!

On 19.07.2011 23:21, Eike Rathke wrote:

> Hi Mathias,
>
> On Monday, 2011-07-18 19:14:46 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>
>> I wanted to have it lazy ;-), so I just added a single configure switch
>> "--with-disable-copyleft" and did some quick and dirty changes to
>> configure.in.
>
> Well, that resulted in copyleft always disabled ;-) because in
>
> if test "$with-disable-copyleft" != ""; then
>
> the expression is always true as "-disable-copyleft" appended to $with
> is a non-empty string.. that would had to use "$with_disable_copyleft"
> instead.

Ah, yes. Good catch.

>> If someone wants to make the name or the implementation
>> nicer - please go for it. I never got when to use "yes/no" or
>> "true/false" in our configure.in. :-)
>
> --with-... options take any argument, for example a path where a library
> can be found. --enable-.../--disable-... indeed sometimes evaluate both,
> yes/no and true/false, but many places only check for yes/no, to me
> that's sufficient.
>
> I changed the option to --enable-copyleft with yes/no, defaulting to
> empty == no.

That's what Sam asked for. I thought that this makes configure switches
a little bit inconsistent, as now switches like "disable-mozilla" can be
used only in conjunction with enable-copyleft. I thought that then
configure.in should get a larger rewrite so that all stuff that is
disabled by the new switch should get "enable" switches and not
"disable" switches. But now when I see your changes I agree with them
and think that we can rewrite the configure logic later.

> Builds fine on Debian Squeeze unxlngx6.pro, but I didn't get any install
> set, not even a .tar.gz, this helped:
>
> cd $SRC_ROOT/instsetoo_native/util
> dmake openoffice_en-US PKGFORMAT=installed

Interesting, I got the tar.gzbuilt on Ubuntu. Maybe your changes caused
the difference? It's important that EPM is not disabled as the stupid
instsetoo_native module does not do anything in that case though it
could create the tar.gz without problems.

Regards,
Mathias