incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: OOo Trademark
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 19:57:28 GMT
Yes, ASF counsel and I are working with Oracle to get the paperwork
signed and finished to transfer a number of "OpenOffice.org" registered
trademarks (and related marks) to the ASF, from a number of different
countries. (Thanks Andrew)

Andrew (or whoever): how/when can we get the submissions to that webform?
http://surveys.services.openoffice.org/surveys/index.php?sid=31881

I'm actually wondering if and how we should review those, versus simply
asking people to start contacting ooo-dev@ about requests from the
Apache side.

In particular, with the transfer of the OOo marks, how do we (as in,
this PPMC and trademarks@) handle any permissions or licensing of
"OpenOffice.org"?  Especially since that mark primarily refers to a
product that we - the ASF - do not actually distribute?

- Shane