incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Junge <peter.ju...@gmx.org>
Subject Re: OOo Trademark
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 10:04:02 GMT
Am 19.07.2011 16:38, schrieb Ross Gardler:
> On 19 July 2011 06:37, Peter Junge<peter.junge@gmx.org>  wrote:

[...]

>> - If yes, I recall I have to forward them to trademarks@apache.org, right?
>
> It's the job of the (P)PMC to manage the trademark policy (see
> http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/)
>
> What this means is that the request should come to ooo-dev first. If
> it is clearly within the policy then the (P)PMC can give permission.
> If there is any doubt then it should be referred to trademarks@a.o
>
> Note trademarks@a.o will enforce the policy if there is a case of
> misuse, so it is important that the (P)PMC is fully aware of the
> policy when giving permission.

Thanks for the pointer.

>>   + Do requesters still have to use the web form?
>
> Requests should come here (or ooo-private if the company has need for
> the request to be private). If you have a webform that has been used
> in the past it would make sense to continue to use it, but the
> requests need to be brought to the project community.

The web form was used by Oracle. I think we won't need it anymore, but
the process --as described above-- should work well. If the OOo
trademark is still with Oracle, it would like to ask (added Andrew on
CC) to delegate all related issues to the AOOo (P)PMC ASAP in order to
ensure legal certainty for future requesters.

Peter