incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Mathias Bauer <Mathias_Ba...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: *Solaris support - WAS What is the advantage of the Apache OpenOffice.org Fork?
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:14:38 GMT
Hi Jerry,

once we will have the source code moved over from the old openoffice.org
repository, we will try to build it in the new environment. For the time
being I assume that the old build instructions at

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide

are where we should start on all platforms.

If you will try to do a first build from the Apache repo on Solaris, we
can discuss problems and their solutions here on the list. We have at
least one developer who has built OOo on Solaris (Intel) regularily, so
I'm pretty optimistic that we will get that going. It's great that you
want to take an active role and help with maintaining the Solaris port.
Excellent!

I don't know if you have built OOo already on Solaris. In case not,
doing it in the current (openoffice.org) environment would be a good
preparation for what will come next.

You could get the current source by cloning the Mercurial repo at
http://hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340 and follow the build
instructions at

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Building_on_Solaris

Please ask here in case you get stuck anywhere.

Best regards,
Mathias