incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Peters <fpe.mli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Online Help Planning
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 21:18:07 GMT
> good that this topic comes up...
>
> On Wed, Jul 13, 2011 at 8:49 PM, Frank Peters<fpe.mlists@googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> I have created a page on the user wiki for online help planning
>> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Application+Help
>
> helpcontent2/helpers/REAME reads:
> ######
> 2006-05-15
>
> New location for helpers that are not used by the
> build process is documentation/www/online_help/helpers
> ######
>
> But those tools (I.e. the Macros, etc used in help-authoring, as
> described in the Help-Authoring.pdf) are nowhere to be found.

> Are those also covered by the Oracle grant?

Oracle might know.

> Where are they hosted now?

Mmmh. Interesting. It seems that they fell through the cracks on
migrating to Kenai. Very strange. If all fails I have a local copy
of those files.

However, I would very much favor to switch format and process
in the mid-term. Help authoring worked but had its peculiarities.

Frank