incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Script to generate mail archive URL from message
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 12:56:51 GMT
Note that in general for any official Apache project work we prefer to
use links to apache.org resources where possible.  I.e. for board
reports and for the bulk of public websites about Apache projects, we
expect projects to use the Apache mail-archives.a.o server.

This is because our own Apache infrastructure team is responsible for
maintaining them, so we can be assured that these links will remain
present as long as the ASF is around.

This is nothing against other mail archive providers, just a general
note to ponder.  I certainly like the UI at http://apache.markmail.org/
better than mail-archive.a.o for searching out messages and threads.

- Shane