incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From André Schnabel <andre.schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Extensions and templates site down
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 06:20:49 GMT
Hi,

Am 13.07.2011 00:37, schrieb Pedro Giffuni:

> While this is understandable, it is not good enough. We will have to
> find an
> alternative repository and link to it from Apache's website. This is
> something
> that can wait though.

You might think different, when you was an actual user or author of an
extension.

E.g., the extensions I published at the ooo extension site are listed in
other software repositories as well, but just as a link. E.g. Heise.de
does so. Within the last weeks I got several notifications that my
extensions would be de-registered, as it is not available anymore.

Seems, stil many here did not yet realize that apache has taken a
project *and product* with dozends of millions active users.

But - good to know, that (according to Andrew) there is work on this
here (as well as at TDF).

André