incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 03:41:07 GMT
To top post on the top posting, I think the most important thing to
consider is: this decision does not need to be made today.  Or even this
week.  Or even this month.

I think it would be far more valuable in the near future to get some
code in place, and provide better public explanations of the project
roadmap and ProjectPlanning pages in terms of it's transition to Apache.

It would also be simpler to have this conversation once this community
has a little more experience at working together here at Apache.  In
particular, the final decision will be made by the PPMC, within Apache
Brand requirements - as advised, obviously, by helpful and productive
commenters here on the dev@ list.

- Shane