incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: ooo blog (was: RE: ooo-dev list subscriber stats?)
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 02:59:58 GMT
Indeed, the podling will need to conform to the Apache Project Branding
Requirements before it graduates to TLP:

   http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/pmcs

Note that a key requirement is using a project (and product) name in the
form of "Apache Foo".  What the Foo is is up to the project to decide.
In this case, I'd imagine the PPMC would work on the specific naming
later on, after the community gels for a while and has at least one
release put out.

Note that in this case I imagine the ASF will continue to maintain the
openoffice.org URL(s), given the large set of pre-existing users and
software installed that might phone home.  However once the project
graduates to TLP, I would expect the primary landing URL that we use
publicly in future collateral to be on an apache.org domain.

- Shane