incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Extensions and templates site down
Date Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:42:36 GMT
Am 13.07.11 01:47, schrieb Jomar Silva:

> On 2011/6/12 19:38 Pedro Giffuni<giffunip@tutopia.com>  wrote:
>
>> While this is understandable, it is not good enough. We will have to
>> find an
>> alternative repository and link to it from Apache's website. This is
>> something
>> that can wait though.
> Can you please explain the 'not good enough' and also propose an alternative solution
?
You removed the answare. The fact that only Open Source extension are
alowed is not ideal. Everyone at OOo knows the storry about this topic.
The wish to have only Open Source extensions come from the FSF. This
wish was refused by the CC of OpenOffice.org with good reasons. I don't
think, this reasons go away only because we move to the ASF.

A Extension Repository with only Open Source Extension makes maybe the
FSF happy, but do not cover our need. So this is one more time more a
ideological question.