incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kai Ahrens <kahr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 12:01:23 GMT
Hi Marcus,

Am 12.07.2011 12:30, schrieb Marcus (OOo):
> When the users actually do what they want to name the product and/or
> project, IMHO then there is no need to change anything that you cannot
> predict. Then we can stick with the known brand name and also avoid any
> legal problems with companies that use also "OpenOffice" as brand.

I was just talking about using the .org or not. The full product name
would be 'Apache Open Office' or 'Apache OpenOffice', of course. There
won't be any legal issues with this product name as the brand name
'Oracle Open Office' has shown.

For myself, I would go with 'Apache Open Office' instead of 'Apache
OpenOffice', but this would need some more discussion.

Regards
Kai