incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Kai Ahrens <kahr...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Tue, 12 Jul 2011 10:10:38 GMT
Am 12.07.2011 10:59, schrieb Graham Lauder:
> http://www.webmasterpro.de/portal/news/2010/02/05/international-openoffice-market-shares.html
>
> It is important that we maintain that share and grow it.
> There is a large community:  35,000 individuals subscribed to OOo
> maillists when I last checked, Louis may have more up-to-date numbers
> Around 800 have signed the JCA/SCA
> Scores possibly Hundreds of Millions of Users worldwide and growing

And interestingly, the whole site speaks of OpenOffice product wise,
with just one link to the openoffice.org website (!)...

And this is, what people all over the world do: speaking of OpenOffice
and just using OpenOffice.org for very formal reasons. So why stick to
the nerdy OpenOffice.org, when everybody already associates OpenOffice
with the real product. OpenOffice.org doesn't seem to be such a strong
brand name per se to me, does it?

Regards
Kai