incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Carl Marcum <cmar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 23:54:06 GMT
It seems to me that a lot of the problem arises in keeping the
development project and the product brand names exactly the same.

If there are indeed going to to be 2 websites, OpenOffice.org which is
where end users go to get the product, help, etc. and the
<tbd>.apache.org where the development project resides.

I understand the need to maintain the product brand.

+1 to keep OpenOffice.org the product (at least near term).

I think the Apache brand strenthens the project development and that's
one reason I'm here.

+1 for Apache OpenOffice the project.

Looking at the people listing, it's possible not all members are here
because of OpenOffice.org the product, but common development of the
code base.

Best regards,
Carl