incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From André Schnabel <andre.schna...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Mon, 11 Jul 2011 16:51:51 GMT
Hi,

Am 11.07.2011 18:39, schrieb Rob Weir:

>  From a branding perspective you did have the opportunity to start
> fresh, but you did not go with a ".org" name.

It did not matter that we had the opportunity to start fresh - what
really did matter was that we *had to* start fresh.

Anyway - everyone has the opportunity to start fresh at any given time.
But only few have the chance to continue to grow a strong existing
brand. It's indeed up to those people to take this chance (as well as
the responsibility for the established brand).

regards,

André