incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 17:26:50 GMT
OK, to let the name start with "Apache" seems to be a requirement.

Am I right when I see more people saying that it should be named "Apache
OpenOffice.org" and not "Apache OpenOffice"?

BTW:
I don't want to get rid of the ".org" extension on any price. Due to the
new Apache home I just wanted to talk about the possibility.

Marcus

Am 07/09/2011 02:34 PM, schrieb Rob Weir:
> 2011/7/9 Pavel Janík<Pavel@janik.cz>:
>>> Why? Out of the folk on the OOo forum who expressed an opinion to me, no one
liked it. It was a perpetual reminder that the product couldn't be called what they really
wanted it to be called: OpenOffice. I greatly prefer Apache OpenOffice to Apache OpenOffice.org.