incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Blog Created
Date Sun, 10 Jul 2011 02:15:45 GMT
Hi Dennis

Am 10.07.11 03:59, schrieb Dennis E. Hamilton:
> Dang!
>
> Well, I just jumped right in.
>
> So, we want the blog to be the official voice of the project in some way?
>
> Is that a requirement?  Is that what we want?  I thought that is what web sites are for.
 Blogs have a different kind of voice in my experience.
In my experience too, but it seems to be different at blogs.apache.org.
If you read the other blogs, they all looks realy as "official
statements". I think the blogs at blogs.apache.org are not the same as
http://planet.services.openoffice.org/ , who we write more about the
work progress. Beside, ASF has a planet too. But maybe its better to
have our own planet, cause we are a realy bit project.
> I have lots of outlets for blogging, and I could always create an Apache-oriented RSS
feed for aggregation, although probably not, since it doesn't seem like that much fun.

> Ah well,
>
>   - Dennis

3-4 days via the "Advanced Settings", then post the modified preview URL to your dev@ list
with the anticipated publish date for lazy consensus."