incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From David McKay <dmc...@btconnect.com>
Subject Re: OpenOffice.org (was Re: Ooo blog)
Date Sat, 09 Jul 2011 11:50:15 GMT

On 09/07/11 12:21, Pavel Janík wrote:
>> Why? Out of the folk on the OOo forum who expressed an opinion to me, no one liked
it. It was a perpetual reminder that the product couldn't be called what they really wanted
it to be called: OpenOffice. I greatly prefer Apache OpenOffice to Apache OpenOffice.org.
> The product and the project WAS OpenOffice.org.
Yes, I know.

> If we want to change it, then why not directly Apache Office?

I'd say that Apache OpenOffice had stronger and more obvious ties to the
older project, and it was obvious it wasn't a new (distinct) office
offering from Apache.

Dave.