incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: ooo blog
Date Fri, 08 Jul 2011 22:29:00 GMT
Am 07/09/2011 12:05 AM, schrieb David McKay:
> Doesn't the dropping of the .org imply renaming the product not just the
> project? The name of the product is OpenOffice.org because the name
> OpenOffice was registered elsewhere. If the new name was 'Apache
> OpenOffice' would that be different enough from the other OpenOffice (a
> company inthe Netherlands I believe) to not cause problems?

I don't know, I'm not a lawyer. It was just a hint to think about new
things. You know: new game --> new possibilities. ;-)

> Back when it was Sun's OpenOffice.org and then Oracle's OpenOffice.org
> the 'Sun' and 'Oracle' didn't make it into part of the product name

It was the decision of the companies not to do it.

> itself. (I'm just curious. I'd like to see the back of the .org myself.)

That's OK.

BTW:
Publish permission means I can write articles and admin rights means to
write articles *and* to moderate comments. Right?

Marcus