incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Kemp <>
Subject Re: What is the advantage of the Apache Fork?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 23:04:07 GMT
One of the reasons I have stuck with OO and have not looked further into
LO was the fact that binaries were not provided for my preferred
desktop, Solaris.  Specifically, I primarily use either OpenSolaris
Nevada or OpenIndiana.

A (more than high level but not completely extensive)  search of the LO
web site and email archives did not yield very much regarding *Solaris

My yahoo-fu turned up this, at least acknowledging its existence.

However, this post paints a somewhat darker picture.

Will we/Apache OO ultimately provide *Solaris binaries for download?

On 07/07/11 15:22, Pedro F. Giffuni wrote:
> --- On Thu, 7/7/11, theUser BL <> wrote:
>> Hi!
>> What is the advantage of the Apache Fork?
>> Currently there are two point of views what a OOo fork is
>> and what not.
> Not that it matters ...  but if you want an objective opinion
> about who forked ... ask Oracle.
> cheers,
> Pedro.

View raw message