incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jerry Kemp <sun.mail.lis...@oryx.cc>
Subject Re: What is the advantage of the Apache OpenOffice.org Fork?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 23:04:07 GMT
One of the reasons I have stuck with OO and have not looked further into
LO was the fact that binaries were not provided for my preferred
desktop, Solaris.  Specifically, I primarily use either OpenSolaris
Nevada or OpenIndiana.

A (more than high level but not completely extensive)  search of the LO
web site and email archives did not yield very much regarding *Solaris
support.

My yahoo-fu turned up this, at least acknowledging its existence.

http://www.libreoffice.org/welcome/readme.html

However, this post paints a somewhat darker picture.

http://listarchives.documentfoundation.org/www/discuss/msg07091.html

Will we/Apache OO ultimately provide *Solaris binaries for download?

Jerry