incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From IngridvdM <>
Subject Re: Future of OOo
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 16:10:30 GMT
Hi Simon,

Am 07.07.2011 17:26, schrieb Simon Phipps:
> On 7 Jul 2011, at 16:03, IngridvdM wrote:
>> Hi Donald, Ross, all,
>> Am 07.07.2011 12:56, schrieb Donald Harbison:
>> [...]
>>> The end of a corporate controlled project, and the beginning of two new open
>>> source projects
>> [...]
>> I would like to change this part of the description. I think it should be made absolute
clear to the public that the split of the community has happened before and completely independent
from the donation of to the Apache Software Foundation. The creation of LibreOffice/TDF
has happend already last year in 2010.
> While I understand why you believe this, I think it's unhelpful "framing" that's likely
to perpetuate division. I prefer Don's approach, which takes a higher-level view of what has

Not being precise on the historic facts here and creating or only
allowing the wrong impression that the Apache OpenOffice has caused the
split of the community will do harm to this project. It will also hinder
the healing process between the communities. So if you are interested in
the welfare of both communities and the healing between them, help to
handle this with more care.

View raw message