incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <...@shanecurcuru.org>
Subject Re: Website Content plus Look and Feel Improvements
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 14:24:23 GMT
   http://blogs.apache.org/

Any PPMC member can simply ask infrastructure@ to create a blog for the
podling (I think that's the right list), specifying the preferred name
for the blog.  The PPMC should manage a list of PPMC members who have
write access to the blog, and ensure that comments get moderated.

The advantage is that the blogs.a.o namespace is stable, so there's no
need to change the URL when the podling graduates.  Note, however, that
any posts should include a clear note that the podling is still
incubating (i.e., don't sell ourselves as a top level project of the ASF
yet).

All committers may be interested in putting their own blogs onto Planet
Apache as well (it has aggregators for both blogs.a.o and any
committer's blogs):

   http://planet.apache.org/

- Shane