incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Jens-Heiner Rechtien <jhrecht...@web.de>
Subject Re: DEV300 vs OOO340 (was: fetch-all-cws.sh)
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 12:35:59 GMT
On 07/07/2011 04:09 AM, Greg Stein wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 5, 2011 at 05:20, Mathias Bauer<Mathias_Bauer@gmx.net>  wrote:
>>> (guess the fact that yours is smaller is caused by me having used DEV300
>>> and you OOO340, so some CWSes that are empty for you have content for me)
>>
>> Indeed I got more empty cws because I checked against OOO340. As this is
>> the version we want to use, I updated cws-list.txt accordingly.
>
> I wanted to highlight this particular fact.
>
> Is there consensus that we will build the single Hg repository based
> on OOO340? (with separate bookmarks for all CWSs, pulled against that
> tag)

+1

> Previously, I had thought the consensus was DEV300_m106. I believe the
> choice here implies what "trunk" will end up as: DEV300 or OOO340. I
> thought that I'd heard there was work completed on DEV300 that is
> *not* part of OOO340. If that is true, then what should we do that
> work?

OOO340 contains everything which is also in DEV300 m106. Lucky coincidence.

> I have no opinion, but the fetch-all-cws.sh script is
> written/documented to work from a DEV300 repository. That will need to
> be updated.
>

> Also, to clarify: OOO340 is the hg.services.openoffice.org/OOO340
> repository? And that I can get OOO340 by using the DEV300.hg bundle,
> then pulling from that repository?

Exactly.

You could also wait until tomorrow and directly download a OOO340.hg
bundle via http://hg.services.openoffice.org/bundle/OOO340.hg

The bundle should be available around 3:00 GMT tonight.

Regards,
    Heiner

--
Jens-Heiner Rechtien