incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Frank Peters <fpe.mli...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: DITA for Doc?
Date Thu, 07 Jul 2011 10:50:27 GMT
Rob,

Would it be worth considering using DITA for the documentation/help?

[...]

> I'd like to argue for the advantages of DITA as a source format here.
> I can probably find some volunteers to help enabled this.  The
> Symphony team uses DITA for doc/help, and we've already done the work
> of converting much of the OOo help to DITA.

What a coincidence <eg> So the Symphony team will contribute their
work back to AOOo? I would suggest to talk to localizers to prevent
flushing their work down the drain when migrating.

Does the DITA implementation of Symphony support all functions
that OOo help currently offers, e.g. context-sensitivity,
extended tips, text transclusion, etc?

When we switched the format of SO/OOo back then, it was a major
hassle to include all localizations in the migration. Beware of
any side-effects.

Frank