incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From "Marcus (OOo)" <marcus.m...@wtnet.de>
Subject Re: fetch-all-cws.sh
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 20:20:02 GMT
Am 07/05/2011 09:33 PM, schrieb Mathias Bauer:
> On 05.07.2011 18:14, Mathias Bauer wrote:
>
>> It seems that my memory had fooled me: so if anybody can create an svn
>> dump file, I will try to recap what we have agreed to so far and have a
>> look into the conversion. In case anyone else is already at this, please
>> let me know.
> Having said that, there's a thought that makes me wonder: we have 117
> cws with more or less unfinished work. I doubt that we will integrate
> them all anytime soon, as integration also comprises developing the
> merged code further until it has sufficient quality for becoming part of
> the trunk. [Wat is "sufficient" is still undefined - we surely won't
> continue the overdone QA approval process from the "old" OOo project,
> but OTOH also shouldn't throw code at the repository at will.]
>
> Some of the 117 cws are anbandoned work, others are work in an early
> state that most probably doesn't make sense to be continued without the
> developers starting it.
>
> Do we really want to have code in the svn repo that will never be used?
> The alternative would be to add cws to svn only after review.

IMHO you should say "Do we really want to have code in the svn repo that
will /maybe/ never be used?". Then I would say "yes, until it's really
clear that the work in the specific CWS is not continued resp. will be
finished.

Maybe the developers will come to us at a later point in time? Or other
dev's would like to go on with the started work?

I don't know but maybe it's relatively easy to investigate how far the
CWS is in its development? If just started then it could be really
dropped. But when a lot is already done, then we should keep it for x
months (x = tdbd).

When we define to throw it away now (or better said we won't transfer to
the files from the Orcale server) then there is no chance at all for this.

My 2 ct from a non-developer point of view.

Marcus