incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: Migration, Bugzilla to JIRA
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 17:01:14 GMT
Am 05.07.11 18:27, schrieb Rob Weir:
> I'd like to help move this discussion forward.  I'm not perceiving any
> *strong* opinions on the Bugzilla versus JIRA question.  But I am
> hearing several suggest that JIRA is a better tracker (custom
> dashboards in particular were called out).  Bugzilla got some nods for
> the ease of migration and the customization done to the OOo version.
Let's wait a little bit longer. The OOo Bugzilla is adapted in same case
to the project. First I'like to have a database dump and the used
bugzilla templates. So we can find out the difference between normal
Bugzilla and the OOo Bugzilla. And If we realy want to mofe to JIRA then
we should first evaluate the possible problem Areas.

For my point of view it's not a good idea to setup now all tools. Else
we will maybe run in the problem, that we can't import the old data.

I propose that we make first a test migration and then the live
migration. So we have the possibility to track the problemes.

Greetings Raphael