incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Raphael Bircher <r.birc...@gmx.ch>
Subject Re: OOO and LibreOffice.
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 10:33:24 GMT
Hi Drini

Am 05.07.11 10:54, schrieb Drini Nosi:
> As I read this thread, it makes me a bit sad to see that the community of the OpenSourceOffice
is actually splitting in two, and I don't understand why.
The history of the split is realy complicate, and you will have two
different storries as minimum. One from the OpenOffice.org Community and
one from the LibO Community.
> I am not a developer, just a user, so I don't understand the technicalities. I can understand
the differences between the licenses and their meaning to the developers, but wouldn't it
been better to have ONE open project? If LibreOffice would have not started, then Apache OpenOffice.org
would have not happened.
Maybe, but not sure. A OOo has nothing to do with LibO directly. A OOo
was happend because Oracle will step back from the project, and OOo need
a new home. The reason why Oracle step back knows Oracle only. My
meanign is cause the failure of ther Commercial products (Oracle Open
Office and Cloud Office)
> TDF promisses an open and friendly environment to contribute. I don't (HONESTLY) understand
why the developers don't want to contribute to LibreOffice, but want to spilt the project
in two? (Speaking in user terms).
TDF and LibO has a complietly different development strategie to
OpenOffice.org. Same people don't like me don't think that this is a
goot choice vor a project like that. Time will tell who winns.

Greetings Raphael