incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Releasing OOo 3.4 on the old infrastructure
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 22:04:28 GMT
Hi, Simon,

On 7/4/2011 17:27, Simon Phipps wrote:

> On 4 Jul 2011, at 18:01, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:
>
>> If the Oracle grant (a license) applies to the code at a particular snapshot in time,
then I assume that changes to that code after that might not be covered (however covered by
the CLA to Oracle/Sun), and certainly anything which involves additional files might not be
covered.

> While Oracle has expressed general goodwill, their grant at present is in the form of
an explicit list enumerating what files are covered. We almost certainly need to monitor a
build of 3.4 to see if that list of files includes everything necessary. Whatever repo we
run that build on:
>   * will include a mix of licensing until the grant from Oracle is updated,
>   * is open source so there are no restrictions on our actions
>   * is not intended for full release so doesn't break any Apache rules
> As such it doesn't seem to matter much to my naive eyes whether we wait for the SVN repo
to be built, build from the existing Hg repo (assuming we've sufficient access), or do it
somewhere else.

> I expect I am wrong though, I'm getting used to that :-)
>
> S.

Without being able to view the private agreement, I'd like to mention a
couple of off-beat items which I hope are included:

1) UNOIDL - that is, the Unified Network Object Interface Description
Language compiler, which produces the content of api.oo.o, and the input
files.

2) The OpenSymbol font. The Math Engine (TeX-like) depends heavily on
it, and it may be used elsewhere in OO.o.

Hope I'm worrying over nothing.
--
/tj/

T. J. Frazier