incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From TJ Frazier <tjfraz...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: Website Content plus Look and Feel Improvements
Date Sun, 03 Jul 2011 10:35:15 GMT
On 7/3/2011 05:38, C wrote:

> I'm only speaking for the Doc Project web content.
>
> As long as the MediaWiki content is still around (and I hope it stays
> around), the Doc project web content "move" could probably be stripped
> down to just one HTML page and a few ZIP and PDF files that should be
> archived somewhere.  All other usable content has been moved to the
> OOoWiki.  It would work to move all the old Doc Project debris over,
> but it really adds no value.
>
>   I'd rather say "move this file and these other files and the rest can
> be ignored" than to see it all moved over once again... or even
> better... to not move anything and simply create a new Doc Project
> page from scratch.
>
> If everything is simply copied over, it'll be like the Colabnet to
> Kenai move... everything is copied and the legacy cruft tags along,
> never to be weeded out.
>
> C.
> --
> Clayton Cornell       ccornell@openoffice.org
> OpenOffice.org Documentation Project co-lead

Normally, I would disagree with cleaning up during a conversion: it is
the number-one error to avoid. But in this case . . . if we can create a
new page that says little more than, "See the wiki" . . .

Moving the wiki is going to be a bear. I can only help with the cleanup
afterward, since that merely requires some OO.o familiarity, and modest
Confluence skill.
--
/tj/

T. J. Frazier