incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Herbert Duerr <...@openoffice.org>
Subject Re: fetch-all-cws.sh (was: Building a single Hg repository)
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2011 16:47:45 GMT
On 01.07.2011 13:42, Greg Stein wrote:
> [...] Please look at
> tools/dev/fetch-all-cws.sh. Each of these CWS repositories (on Mac OS)
> are consuming 600 Mb *minimum*. I've fetched a dozen, and a couple are
> over 2 Gb each, and another over 1 Gb. And this is with the clone/pull
> technique.

Because of the disk space demands I think an approach with one
repository with one branch per CWS would be better for the initial
import. In hg there are more opportunities for this approach (using
NamedBranched, UnnamedBranches, MultipleHeads, LocalBranches or
Bookmarks) than I as git-fan would care to know. Please see the attached
file where I hacked together a script that imports the CWSs into one
repository with multiple bookmarks.

> I don't have enough space on my laptop to do a complete trial run. I'm
> hoping that somebody can figure out how to reduce the disk footprint,
> or determine that we just have to suck it up. And it would be nice to
> understand what that target size will be, for all 250 CWS
> repositories.

As Michael mentioned it's much less than the 250, as only about 15
CWSses (see http://goo.gl/gczAH for details) are marked as fully tested
and but not-yet integrated.
 From these the ones targeted at the stabilization branch (calc67,
calc68, ooo34gsl01, ooo34gsl02, writerfilter10, native373, jl167) are
more important than the ones targeted for trunk (sb140, sb143, hsqldb19,
hr77, ause131, sd2gbuild).

There are a few more very good CWSses which were not yet officially
approved in the old OOo system. E.g. CWS aw080 Armin mentioned. If Armin
can confirm that this CWS is ready we should pull it in too.

Once we have a better picture of what is ready or not cws-list.txt needs
to be updated.

> We have a script. It is time to make it work.

Please see the attached file. I'm afraid to check it in as the related
single-hg.sh is not yet updated accordingly and also because I'm more of
a HG victim than a HG power-user ;-)

Please note that you either have to use HG>=1.8 or enable its bookmark
extension before you run the attached script.

Best regards,
Herbert Duerr