incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r792168 - in /websites/production/openofficeorg: ./ content/openofficeorg/people.html
Date Mon, 04 Jul 2011 16:17:31 GMT
----- Original Message ----

Perhaps you can describe "why" you need to do this?
Would simply using &nbsp; between the text words resolve this?

> Maybe someone should enhance  markdown  extras.
>
> http://michelf.com/projects/php-markdown/extra/#table
>
> All  it can do is control the alignment. Width control ought to be allowed,
>either  that or an id / class tag to actually tie it in with specific css.
>
> |  Item      | Value |
> | ------200 | --:100|
> | Computer   | $1600 |
> | Phone     |   $12 |
> | Pipe       |    $1 |
>
> Thoughts?

You do realize that the CMS allows you to do arbitrary things with the markdown,
including preprocessing it before sending it off to the templating system.  Also
the python markdown parser is extensible, so if you prefer going that way and
contributing code to infra we can add a custom extension for everyone to use.

> Otherwise I really don't see why  it's wrong to have the html table here.

If you had examined the content of the table you might have noticed how bloody
awful
the html was (filled with unmatched tags).  What you have now is far more
maintainable
in a collaborative context- humans make terrible html parsers.