incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Fisher <dave2w...@comcast.net>
Subject Re: Commiters list
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:46:53 GMT
On Jul 14, 2011, at 10:12 AM, eric b wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Le 14 juil. 11 à 18:50, Frank Peters a écrit :
>
>> Eric,
>>
>>> On this page http://incubator.apache.org/projects/openofficeorg.html ,
>>> there is a list of commiters. So far, I participated to the incubator
>>> project, and I thought I was counted in the list.
>>
>> are you a committer (i.e. do you have commit rights)?
>>

> I'm listed on the incubator wiki page : http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/OpenOfficeProposal
>
> As "Initial Commiter"
>

>>> Did I miss something ? How to be added in the list ?
>>
>> Become a committer. I think you will need to be invited by the PPMC.
>

> I'm not sure to understand the "not invited".  As reminder, I'm OpenOffice.org developer
since 2005, and did a lot for OpenOffice.org.

> I really wonder what happens.
>

>> But for that, you will need to sign a CLA which you do not want to do as you stated
earlier.

> In the current list, not everybody signed the ICLA, so why is it important ?

One is the proposal list and the other is the list of those who have met the further requirements,
done the paperwork to belong, infrastructure has completed account creation and karma granting
(commit rights), and the status page has been updated.

All initial committers were sent instructions at the email address they used on the Initial
Committers list. In your case this was "at openoffice dot org".

The first instruction was for you to send in your ICLA - http://www.apache.org/licenses/icla.txt

This is a requirement, and without it you can neither be a "Committer" nor a "PPMC" member.
All Committers and PPMC members are required to sign. Governance at the ASF requires it.

When you send in the ICLA you will need to use the email used to sign the Proposal. Later
you can use your @free.fr address as an additional alias. If you need to, please take the
time to consult a lawyer about the ICLA.

Please see the instructions at the bottom of http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/developer-faqs.html

But if you won't sign the ICLA, you can still participate on the ooo-dev and other email lists.

The choice is yours, but your choice has consequences.

Regards,
Dave