incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <eric.bach...@free.fr>
Subject Re: Commiters list
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:54:24 GMT
Hi Mathias,

Le 14 juil. 11 à 19:33, Mathias Bauer a écrit :

>> In the current list, not everybody signed the ICLA, so why is it
>> important ?
>
> As I understood it, the "list of initial committers" is just a
> place for a declaration of intent to become a committer, while the
> status of being
> a committer is a specific role at Apache with its specific
> requirements.
> Being on the initial list just saves you from needing an invitation
> to become a committer, but you nevertheless have to sign the ICLA
> to become
> a "real" committer.

I meant, when we compare :  http://incubator.apache.org/projects/
openofficeorg.html  (1) with http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/
OpenOfficeProposal  (2)
We retrieve people in (1) who did not sign the ICLA as stated in (1).

But maybe the list on the wiki is not up to date ...

> You should read the ICLA carefully before you decide that you can't
> or don't want to sign it.

I did. But I thought we could contribute with patches without sign it.

> Simply put, it's not about copyright, just about IP clearance and
> licensing. Both are important aspects of every software project.
> It's understandable that the ASF does not accept contributions
> where it is unclear if the contributor has the necessary rights for
> the contributed code.

Yes, sure. IWe got students who would like to directly contribute to
OpenOffice.org, and I'll forward the info.

Regards,
Eric

--
qɔᴉɹə