incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From eric b <>
Subject Re: Commiters list
Date Thu, 14 Jul 2011 17:54:24 GMT
Hi Mathias,

Le 14 juil. 11 à 19:33, Mathias Bauer a écrit :
>> In the current list, not everybody signed the ICLA, so why is it
>> important ?
> As I understood it, the "list of initial committers" is just a
> place for a declaration of intent to become a committer, while the
> status of being
> a committer is a specific role at Apache with its specific
> requirements.
> Being on the initial list just saves you from needing an invitation
> to become a committer, but you nevertheless have to sign the ICLA
> to become
> a "real" committer.

I meant, when we compare :
openofficeorg.html  (1) with
OpenOfficeProposal  (2)
We retrieve people in (1) who did not sign the ICLA as stated in (1).

But maybe the list on the wiki is not up to date ...

> You should read the ICLA carefully before you decide that you can't
> or don't want to sign it.

I did. But I thought we could contribute with patches without sign it.

> Simply put, it's not about copyright, just about IP clearance and
> licensing. Both are important aspects of every software project.
> It's understandable that the ASF does not accept contributions
> where it is unclear if the contributor has the necessary rights for
> the contributed code.

Yes, sure. IWe got students who would like to directly contribute to, and I'll forward the info.

Education Project:
Projet OOo4Kids :
L'association EducOOo :
Blog :