incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Schaefer <joe_schae...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Releasing OOo 3.4 on the old infrastructure
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2011 00:58:18 GMT
An Apache release while in incubation is a goal, perhaps even
a blocker for graduation for ooo, but it shouldn't come at a cost
of abandoning existing user needs for a lengthy period of time.
The ASF is a pragmatic bunch, and realizes that this project
is coming in with over a decade of prior history attached.

That history will now merge with ASF objectives, but it doesn't
have to be immediately all-or-nothing.  If the user community expects
a forthcoming release in a timely fashion, and that cannot be
accomplished as a full ASF release, then other avenues (like
collaboration with OO regarding distribution) can and should
be explored.

(IMO).