incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: Population of ooo-security
Date Fri, 29 Jul 2011 20:23:23 GMT
Pavel Janík wrote on Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 19:55:04 +0200:

> On Jul 29, 2011, at 7:49 PM, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>
> > PS: why o why would signing an iCLA be a requirement to be a project
> > security liaison ? it's like asking that any ambassador be naturalized
> > citizen of the country he is in post in.
>
> Because this is how Apache works?

-1.  "Because these are the rules" is an answer suitable for a dictatoracy.
The rules aren't arbitrary, there's a logic behind them.

For committers an ICLA is required to ensure ASF's and its downstream
consumers' rights in contributions.  "Would an ICLA be needed for
ooo-security@ subscribers" is a different question, and it deserves
an answer.