incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: OOO340 to svn
Date Thu, 28 Jul 2011 10:37:45 GMT
Hi Greg,

On Thursday, 2011-07-28 00:41:40 -0400, Greg Stein wrote:

> 1) import just the OOO340 tip into svn
> 2) move all the Hg repositories over to apache-extras.org. That
> supports Hg and it supports "any OSI license". We can indefinitely
> retain history there without it being "part of" our ASF project.

+1

This should be a fast going approach and is congruent with the opinion
voiced by others in the thread of

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-ooo-dev/201107.mbox/%3Cj04sqo$mj0$1@dough.gmane.org%3E

where Michael Stahl proposed #3 to commit OOO340 tip. If it's possible
to copy the hg repos to apache-extras.org I think there's all the
project needs.

Actually I don't get why we still waste time discussing this, it seems
to have turned out that retaining full history in hg->svn is not
possible without manual intervention and lot of work, so use the next
feasible solution.

  Eike