incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: single repository status
Date Wed, 20 Jul 2011 10:05:14 GMT
Hi Michael,

On Tuesday, 2011-07-19 23:26:48 +0200, Michael Stahl wrote:

> unfortunately it seems none of the tools that convert from HG or git
> to SVN can create SVN branches with SVN mergeinfo (necessary in
> order to be able to merge the branches back into the trunk).
>
> there are some tools to convert from git that can create SVN
> branches, but they leave out the SVN mergeinfo; apparently the
> intent is to maintain a read-only mirror...

I didn't dug deeper into this, but conversion from hg to git should be
pretty straight forward and then there's git-svn, would that be viable
to import branches as well?

> basically we have these options for converting to SVN:
>
> 1. convert full history
>    requires writing tool to create SVN branches and mergeinfo
>
> 2. convert trunk only, using follow-first-parent heuristic
>    with hacks where we want to follow second parent instead
>
> 3. no history in SVN, just check in OOO340 tip

I'd prefer #3 and have a read-only hg/git repository for cases where one
really wants to lookup history. AOOo needs to get its code base going.

  Eike