incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: A first try to remove some copyleft components from the build
Date Tue, 19 Jul 2011 21:21:59 GMT
Hi Mathias,

On Monday, 2011-07-18 19:14:46 +0200, Mathias Bauer wrote:

> I wanted to have it lazy ;-), so I just added a single configure switch
> "--with-disable-copyleft" and did some quick and dirty changes to
> configure.in.

Well, that resulted in copyleft always disabled ;-) because in

if test "$with-disable-copyleft" != ""; then

the expression is always true as "-disable-copyleft" appended to $with
is a non-empty string.. that would had to use "$with_disable_copyleft"
instead.

> If someone wants to make the name or the implementation
> nicer - please go for it. I never got when to use "yes/no" or
> "true/false" in our configure.in. :-)

--with-... options take any argument, for example a path where a library
can be found. --enable-.../--disable-... indeed sometimes evaluate both,
yes/no and true/false, but many places only check for yes/no, to me
that's sufficient.

I changed the option to --enable-copyleft with yes/no, defaulting to
empty == no.

I also provided empty sets for the variables so invoking configure
--enable-copyleft from an already set environment produces the desired
results.

Attached are on_top_of_mba.diff with only the changes to the previous
version one can apply on top, and aooo_disable_copyleft.diff with the
merged patches.

Don't forget to run autoconf when applied.

Builds fine on Debian Squeeze unxlngx6.pro, but I didn't get any install
set, not even a .tar.gz, this helped:

cd $SRC_ROOT/instsetoo_native/util
dmake openoffice_en-US PKGFORMAT=installed

Smoketest worked, except one message:
Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "gnomebreakpad": libgnomebreakpad.so: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

  Eike