incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Daniel Shahaf <...@daniel.shahaf.name>
Subject Re: SVN tutorial
Date Mon, 18 Jul 2011 13:01:14 GMT
You probably don't want to reinvent the "How do I use the svn(1) cmdline
client" wheel.  The svnbook and N other blogs and web sites already do
that; pick one and run with it.  Erhm, link to it.

On the other hand, you should probably mention that alternative clients
(eg, tortoisesvn) exist.  Some people don't like cmdline interfaces.

Also may want to discuss the workflow, contrast it with hg, etc.

Daniel

<wayita> - windows: tortoisesvn, ankhsvn (visual studio .net) | cross
platform: workbench, svn-up, subclipse (eclipse), supervision,
subcommander, rapidsvn, jsvn, psvn.el, esvn, qsvn, eric3, kdesvn | OSX:
scplugin, SvnX | *nix: KDevelop | If you're learning svn, it's easier
for us to help you if you _don't_ use a GUI.
(this is our IRC bot)