incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: *Solaris support
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 10:15:09 GMT
Hi Dennis,

On Thursday, 2011-07-14 20:20:37 -0700, Dennis E. Hamilton wrote:

> It seems like the first thing for you or someone working with you to
> do is find a way to build a release on Solaris from the source code.
> Since 3.3.0 was built for both Solaris x86 and Sparc, you should be
> able to determine what it takes for that distribution (with
> integration of all of the localizations).

The OOO340 code line is known to build on Solaris SPARC and x86, so
starting with that is the best.

> The distributions and the source code is available at
> <http://download.services.openoffice.org/files/stable/3.3.0/>.  Look
> at the src_* files at the end.  Notice the significant size of the
> source code.

Using the Mercurial repo has some advantages over using the raw source
code bundle, in case adaptions are needed you get the benefit of a DSCM,
hg queues to manage patches and the like.

> You'll need to roam around the Developers information, including
> information about the build environment:
> <http://tools.openoffice.org/build_env.html>.  (I can't vouch for how
> current any of this is.)

Most is still applicable, some may be outdated. That site lists details
not available in the Wiki if one wants to adapt the build environment,
but for general build instructions I'd refer to
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Getting_the_source
and following chapters.

  Eike