incubator-ooo-dev mailing list archives

From Eike Rathke <...@erack.de>
Subject Re: *Solaris support
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:52:14 GMT
Hi Jerry,

On Thursday, 2011-07-14 17:54:16 -0500, Jerry Kemp wrote:

> I am interested in providing support for Solaris/Solaris distro's, to
> the extent of my capability.

Great! As the transition from Oracle to Apache isn't completed yet and
there is no AOOo source code repository, I'd suggest you pickup the
current OOo 3.4 code line and start a build as that is where AOOo will
be based on. For details see
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide
and replace OOO330 with OOO340 where mentioned in
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/Building_Guide/Getting_the_source

> As I am new to this community, and I am assuming that you are not, how
> do I move forward?

We are all pretty new to this new community. Some are more familiar with
or raised the old OpenOffice.org, but that's it.

> Please email me off line if that is that is what is appropriate.

All project related discussion should be kept on the public mailing
lists unless there are explicit reasons not to.

Btw, for new subjects please start a new thread instead of replying to
an existing thread, then your mail isn't buried in a threaded view.

  Eike